|Iron Horse Bicycle Classic - Durango, CO
|From Saturday, May 26, 2012|
To Sunday, May 27, 2012
|by Michael Friddell||Hits : 1932 |
Last year's Trials Competition at the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic was an amazing success, and a spectator favorite of the weekend. It will be back in Durango, Colorado, for a second year as part of the North American Trials Series! We will be expecting top Pro and Expert riders from around the country and will be awarding a respectable cash purse for the Pro class. There will be an invitation only trials demo at Steamworks Brewing on Sunday, May 27th at approximately 5:00pm which is typically a highlight of the weekend for both riders and spectators. Riders for the Demo will be selected based on performance, attitude, professional appearance, and representation of our sport. Riders from all classes will be considered.
The competition will take place on Saturday, May 26th 2012 with on-site registration open from 8:00am to 10:00am
The riders meeting will be immediately following registration, and attendance is required for all competitors. All Pro and Expert entries must be in by 10:00am, late fees will apply.
Pro and expert riders will ride at 1:30 P.M. All others will ride at 10:30 A.M.
There will be several other competitive racing events over the weekend including a legendary road race to Silverton, a mountain bike cross country race, downtown criterium, a time trial, as well as a veloswap and other fun events. More information regarding the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic can be found on the IHBC website: ironhorsebicycleclassic.com
The Trials categories are as follows, and medals will be awarded 3 deep.
Youth (13 and under)
You may only enter one class.
The event will be held at Santa Rita Park, Durango, CO. There are great facilities at the park including covered picnic table areas, bathrooms with running water, horseshoe pits, beach volleyball courts, RV dump, Tourism office, plenty of shade, excellent fishing. Camping in Durango is prohibited, and is enforced by park patrol. This includes parks, and yards.
Please contact me if you have have any questions or need assistance with lodging or camping. The Durango area is an excellent vacation destination and I would highly recommend spending some time exploring the area! I would love to answer any of your questions. Ryder (970) 317-1603
Please take note:
- The IHBC is a very large event and I highly recommend making reservations ahead of time. Hotels will be 100% booked
- Registration will be on-site the morning of the competition, and is cash or check only. DO NOT BE LATE
- All riders under 18 will need a waiver with a parental or guardian signature. I can email you one
- The XC race and road racing events are USAC events
- The Trials competition IS NOT a USAC event so you do not need a USAC license
- Registration for the trials competition is cash only, and is completely separate from the IHBC road and mountain races
Rider's Meeting: 10:01am
MTB, Beginner, Sport, Women, Youth Competition: 10:30am start
Pro-Expert: 1:30pm start
Rules: UCI rules for all classes
$20 for NATS members
$30 for non-members
276 East 7th Ave UNIT B
Durango, Colorado 81301
Santa Rita Park (White Water Park)
Durango, Colorado 81301
All information is subject to change, so check beck periodically.
- From Highway 550 North OR 160 West, Head towards town and turn left (west) into Santa Rita Park
- It will be your 2nd stoplight after passing Big 5, and Office Depot
- From Highway 550 South OR 160 East, go about .5 miles south after 160 and 550 merge and turn right (west) into Santa Rita Park
- Santa Rita Park is visible from the road, you will see soccer fields and a large water treatment facility at the park
Location : Durango, CO
Contact : Ryder Okumura -
Copyright © 2006-2010